Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My extraordinary adventures at the premiere of "The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec"









A young intrepid journalist, ready to do anything to achieve her goals – and very pretty too. Oh stop, I’m blushing. Actually, I’m referring to Adele Blanc-Sec, the heroine from Jacques Tardi’s famous comic books who is the title character in Luc Besson’s latest turn in the director’s chair, “The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec.” French TV personality turned rising starlette Louise Bourgoin plays the lead, joined on screen by an all-star French cast including Gilles Lellouche, Jean-Paul Rouve and Mathieu Amalric. I covered the red carpet premiere of the film in Paris on Monday night – check it out. The stars all came out to support the film – not only Besson, Bourgoin and Lellouche, but also French thesps Christophe Lambert, Alain Chabat, Samuel Lebihan and Zinedine Soualem, plus famous faces from the fashion world like Jean-Paul Gaultier and songbird Olivia Ruiz. Quote of the evening: “You are very Adele Blanc-Sec.” –Alain Chabat, to me after our interview. Stay tuned for mummies, pterodactyls and, the scariest of all … papa razzi !

2 comments:

Karin B (Looking for Ballast) said...

I keep seeing this in previews and think it looks so very fun. I listened to the interviews you gave, of which I understood, mmmmmm, maybe 25%. I'm not sure I would do better in the film, lol, but I have to say the action and special effects look fantastic and I don't think I need to have perfect French to get the idea of this movie. I'm hoping I can catch it soon!

Jessica said...

I just saw this on Thursday and loved it! And I want every outfit she wore in that movie!