Tuesday, February 01, 2011

BE all that you can BEYOGA





It’s too good to BE true. I don’t BElieve it. Another fabulous yoga center in Paris? Oui, mes amis, I’ve found an ohm away from home: le BE Yoga. Situated in a tiny alleyway in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, beyoga offers classes in French and English (and sometimes a little bit of both). Walk downstairs into the open, très zen space that’s neither overwhelming nor too cramped like many petite yoga studios in Paris tend to be. beyoga offers classes for all levels and spans several disciplines including Anusara, Vinyasa, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Jivamukti (I personally have no idea what that is, but it sounds yogariffic) and even power yoga, yin yoga, acro yoga and, for the little ones, “Yogamini” (awww gives a whole new meaning to "child's pose" doesn't it?). It’s a warm and welcoming environment and, since they’re relatively new, beyoga is recruiting with several “unlimited class” options, i.e. pay one sum per month and go to as many classes as your hearts desire. I took an Anusara class with the lovely Anne Vandewalle, one of the best yoga classes I’ve been to on either continent (namely, America and Europe – I’ve never tried a class in India or Tibet, but imagine they are quite wonderful too). Anne was attentive to every student and I felt like I was at a private yoga session despite the 20-something other students surrounding me. Marc Holzman, my favorite New Jersey-bred yoga instructor, also teaches at beyoga and if you haven’t taken one of his (English-language) classes yet, you’re missing out. Marc was a master of the yoga world in L.A. and now we’re lucky to have him in Paris with us. So come on down(ward dog) and get your yoga on! NAMASTE.
Info on the schedules and the teachers is at:
www.beyoga.fr

No comments: